Tired of waiting for SharePoint pages to load? Want something easy to support? That works on all versions? This warmup script is for you!
I used several different warmup scripts over the years. They all worked OK but each seemed to lack one or two features so I decided to create one for myself. Hopefully you find it useful too.
Quick Start Guide
- Supports both SharePoint 2010 and 2013
- Supports custom page URLs
- Automatically detects all Web Application URLs
- Downloads full page resources (CSS, JS, images) not just HTML
- Downloads using Internet Explorer COM automation
- Great for ECM websites to help populate blob cache
- Warms up Central Admin too. Faster admin UI experience!
- Download "SPBestWarmup.ps1" on each SharePoint web front end (WFE)
- Run "SPBestWarmup.ps1 -install" to create the Task Scheduler item
- Sit back and watch it run
Run with Scheduled Task present
Run without Scheduled Task (reminder how to create)
Install to create Scheduled Task
Running this with a different service account than farm might require you to first grant PowerShell access. This will ensure the service account has access to run "Get-SPWebApplication" and read ConfigDB for which URLs to load.
Please drop me a line via email email@example.com
with ideas. I'm always open to suggestions and improvements.